News & Events
IMPORTANT INFORMATION- March 24, 2020:
We will resume normal business hours at our drive-up locations in Middleton and Ferry St. on Friday, March 26th.
FDIC Press Release regarding your insured deposits. Click here to view.
ALL EAGLE BANK DEPOSITS ARE INSURED IN FULL:
To learn more about FDIC and DIF insurance, please click on the links below.
During this time of uncertainty surrounding the spread of COVID-19, we want to reassure you that we are taking all the necessary steps to ensure you have access to your account information and cash in the event the situation deteriorates.
The health and well-being of our employees and customers is always our top priority. Please be advised these are some of the steps we have taken within the Bank thus far to help prevent the spread of the virus:
• We have instructed employees to stay home if they exhibit any signs of illness, such as fever, cough, etc.
• All lobbies and offices, particularly public spaces and ATMs, are being regularly sanitized throughout the day, in addition to heightened daily cleaning.
• Branch staff handling cash are wearing gloves.
We will continue to monitor the situation and will institute additional mitigation strategies as appropriate if necessary and/or required. We strongly encourage you to check our website periodically for updates.
We have number of convenient options to bank without actually coming into one of our offices:
• Telephone banking, 24/7. Please call 877.387.4940.
• Debit/ATM cards can be used to access cash, make deposits or check your balance at our ATMs.
• Drive-up windows at our Ferry St. and Middleton branch locations.
• Drive-up ATMs at our 350 Broadway and Ferry St. locations.
• Internet and mobile banking – account monitoring, internal funds transfers, mobile check deposits, bill pay and more. If you are not currently set up for any of these services, now would be the perfect time. Please visit us on the web at bankeagle.com for more information.
• Mobile payment capabilities (ex: ApplePay) to make purchases using your smart phone.
If you have not already done so, now would be the perfect opportunity to register to access these additional electronic banking services. Please visit our website at bankeagle.com for more information.
Please also be aware of several Coronavirus scams that have recently surfaced. Scammers are taking advantage of fear surrounding this virus by setting up websites to sell bogus products and using fake emails, texts and social media posts as a ruse to steal money or personal information. We encourage you to remain vigilant with regard to your finances.